Friday, October 22, 2010

A Christmas Star

In all of the years that I have been quilting I have made a single Christmas lap quilt.  It has been on my wish list to make a Christmas quilt for my bed for a number of years but it never made it to the top because I haven't seen a group of Christmas fabric that I wanted to spend that much time or money on.  This year I took it off the list all together because I didn't think I would have the time.  So, of course, this is the year that they came out with a line of Christmas fabrics that I like and enough variety that it blends with my stash.
I tinkered with a couple of designs on Electric Quilt and looked through the patterns, books and magazines until I realized the Glad's Lone Star in Ohio would be a good base for the quilt.  The Robert Kaufman line of fabric includes a nice striped fabric that I am going to use as an inside border around the center star and then again as mt final outside border.


I have had to put it all up on the design wall so I can see when too many of the same fabrics end up in the same corner.  Now that I am sewing the blocks together it is starting to look like Christmas.

1 comment:

Susan Dyer said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!
Susan