Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Diana's Hug

My friend Diana has been out of work for a while - it feels like a lifetime to her. Although she lives in Maryland and they typically don't get more than a storm or two in the winter, this year has been disasterous for them.  I thought Diana could use a warm hug to get her through the long cold snowed in days.

I made this 4-Patch Posey top in 2009 and never got it quilted.  Well now it has a good home out east. This is a fun and quick pattern that really shows off the large prints particularly the florals.

I always put a custom label on my quilts with information about when the quilt was made, for whom, and the materials/threads/batting used to complete the quilt. It is easy to build a custom label on the computer using graphics available online and a more formal or casual font.  Using a good color printer I can print straight to fabric (i.e. Printables).  If I have a photo of the quilt, or the person for whom the quilt was made, before I make the label I  will often add a photo of the quilt on the label.

2 comments:

janet said...

That is a wonderful gift, she will be wrapped in a warm, loving hug from you. The colors you used are so pretty, and I really like your labels.

Unknown said...

You can't imagine how this quilt made me smile the day I received it and the times since. However, the biggest giggle came when I had to fight my daughter for the quilt. When I saw her wrapped it the quilt, it was like Dee was giving her a hug too!