Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christmas Cards - 2010

I have made an ornament or Christmas Card each year for the past 25+ years.  It has ranged from 20 ornaments in the 80's to as many as 125 postcard in 2008.  In the early years it was a felt, glue and fabric paint affair that Brian and Eric reluctantly participated in.  In the 90's I converted over to making quilted ornaments that I included in the annual Christmas Cards.  In the last several years I have merged the postcard concept with a quilted ornament to make a Quilted Postcard.



In 2010, I was able to cut back on the number of cards since I no longer work in the corporate setting.  The total for this year was 70 cards.  If you look at the fabric that I used in the Christmas Star quilt in 2010, you will see that there is a border fabric used in the quilt.  I thought that it would work well for a Christmas ornament to be hung from a branch.


I already have the card for 2011 designed in my head but I have 10 months to figure out the construction and plan for the assembly line that takes over my quilt studio to get them done.  I  am on the lookout for the right fabrics and embellishments that I will need.  Maybe next year I will put them all on ice blue like the cold winter nights we have in December.

No comments: