Saturday, February 5, 2011

The center of the Baltimore Album quilt is assembled

Once I figured out the process for the sawtooth border, the center basket came together in a week.  It took a week to fix the heart block in the top right corner and then just a couple of days to get all of the blocks trimmed and assembled. 


Now I just need to scale the border pattern, layout the design, cut the fabric and prep for applique and spend the next several months getting them appliqued in place.  After 17 years of waiting I guess that a couple of months is progressing like a speed demon.

2 comments:

One Minnesota Quilter said...

This looks like it will be gorgeous when it is finished! What a labor of love.

Karen said...

The Baltimore quilt is very pretty. Especially the basket block in the center. I like that style of basket with the ribs. I want to do a similar block.