Friday, February 4, 2011

My Baltimore Album is in progress

I started a Baltimore Album as a block of the month class when I was living in Atlanta.  I think it was about 1993 that the first class started with a 2 fabric cut away applique.  I had the 12 blocks and the center basket complete before I moved to Minnesota in 1997, but I knew that finishing the sashing and border were going to take as long as the blocks had.  Over the years I have taken it out to contemplate what to do next and then it quietly goes back in the box.

In my current effort to complete unfinished projects the Baltimore Album has floated back to the surface.  Now that I am not traveling every week I am able to sign up for the applique class at Glad's.  It has helped to get me back on track and clarify my plans for layout and finishing. 

I have now finished the sawtooth border around the center basket and will start to add the blocks.  Once I have the blocks on I can finalize the size of the border.  For now I will post the center. 

No comments: