Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Sew-In

Every couple of months the folks I work with at Glad Creations in Minneapolis have a weekend sew-in.  I was the host this past weekend and had 7 people sewing and cutting in my quilt room all at one time.  It was great fun and very energizing to see what everyone is doing.  I have to admit that I spent more time socializing and putsing than I did in serious sewing, but we had a good time.

I was trying to finish the scrap quilt I started last summer when I was working in Fort Worth.  The pattern is called "Glory Bound" by Bonnie Blue Quilts and uses lots of 2' and 4" half square triangles.  I put a major dent in my traditional scraps with triangle paper and made a small mountain of half square blocks.  Actually I think I have almost enough half squares left over to make a second quilt.


This was an easy quilt to make but easy to get my star points rotated as I put the blocks together.  Fortunately I had it all laid out on  the design wall.  When I wasn't diverted with the conversations in the room, it went together quickly. 


I really like the secondary pattern that pops out when the blocks come together.  I will definitely make this one again.

1 comment:

One Minnesota Quilter said...

This is one of my favorite scrap patterns. Yours look great!