Thursday, February 9, 2012

Free-Motion Quilting Challenge 2012

Georgia made me do it.  She put into the newsletter a note about the SewCalGals blog and the challenge to improve your machine quilting (http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/free-motion-quilt-challenge.html ).  Every month a different machine quilter provides an instruction session and a challenge to be completed.  What a great way to get people more comfortable with the machine quilting - one bite at a time.  I like the idea of smaller pieces geared to practice that I can then apply to my actual projects.

Now there is a virtue in being timely that somehow I missed growing up.  My highway to hell is paved with my good intentions and decorated with my calendars of undone or late activities.  So January is just a few days late.  I have gone through the February challenge and have started working on it so maybe I will get it done before the 29th.

January was leaves.  I have used leaves in the past but not covered an 18" x 18" section.   This has some potential to fit into a project that I want to quilt.


I invite you to join us in this activity.  This is a great way to practice and explore different techniques and designs.

No comments: