Sunday, September 23, 2012

That darn Nathan

A couple of weeks ago at Glad Creations, Nathan showed his progress on DaVinci, a Jinny Beyer pattern with an optical illusion sort of feel.  I hadn't thought about it in years, but I had started the same quilt in 2004 when I went to a Jinny Beyer conference.  Maybe I could find it and pull the pieces together to take on the trip.

To my surprise I went right to the quilt in all of it's pieces in a bag, in a drawer.  All of the pieces were present, all of the cutting was complete (although in 2004 I wasn't quite so particular about my cutting) and some of the piecing was well under way.  I pressed all the pieces and organized the whole thing to go along on the trip.

Well, I have to say that my expectations of cutting and piecing have certainly changed in the last 8 years.  It took me longer to piece the blocks than what I anticipated, but before I had to box up my little quilting station at the Woodworking school I had my version of DeVinci fully assembled.

I am not sure how I will be quilting this one but I am thinking I might have Page Johnson give me some suggestions.

No comments: